almost march! -- financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew0126

Anaheim Angels
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so... finally got my parents info. and i finally submitted my fafsa... it's feb28... do you guys think that is too late. btw, the schools i am still considering: UCLA, UCSF, UCSD, columbia, cornell, NYU (NYU/UCSD=acceptance, columbia=waitlist, others=still waiting). anyways, UCSD is the only one that has sent me anything in regards to financial aid, and they said they only need the fafsa by april1, so it seems like i'm in pretty good shape? lemme know if i'm wrong, thanks

did you guys put on-campus housing or off-campus? i didn't know what to put. i just put off-campus <shrug>

i got an EFC of zero btw. yay :D

another question -- did you guys use the same codes that i did? i noticed ucla, columbia, cornell, and nyu all had separate codes for the med school... but the code on the fafsa website for the med school is not necessarily the same as the one listed in the msar. weird

here's what i put:
First College UNIV OF CALIFORNIA LOS ANG SCH MED (E00374)
Second College UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (001317)
Third College UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SFRANCISCO (001319)
Fourth College COLUMBIA UNIV COLL PHYS & SURGEONS (E00117)
Fifth College CORNELL UNIV MEDICAL COLLEGE (G04762)
Sixth College NEW YORK UNIV SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (G24543)

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You are way ahead of the game, don't worry about it.

I put off campus, and yes, there are different codes for some med schools and some don't have different codes.

EFC of zero? I think that's mainly b/c you probably did not work. EFC is ONLY based upon the student's earnings.