Alpert Medical school requires B or higher...help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul2752

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been compiling a list of med schools that accept international students, and put Alpert Med school in the list a while ago.

Today I went to the website again, and now it says B or higher grades are required for bio classes. I have C- in cell bio, and our school doesn't allow a grade replacement.

Have I completely lost a chance to apply there in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you get a better grade in some other bio class? Not cell biology, but molecular bio or immunology or whatever?

Members don't see this ad :)
"two courses with a grade of B or higher, covering cell biology and genetics (lab experience is highly recommended)"

Retake cell bio in the summer at another school if your school won't let you retake (replacement isn't essential, just a grade of B or better in two biology classes). Did you take an Intro Bio I and II sequence and score B or better in both? I'd think that would be enough provided Intro I and II cover cell biology and genetics.

Why apply there, especially with the concern you gave? About half of their class is from their bs/md program. Maybe replace it with another school.

Reactions: 1 user
I placed out of intro bio classes with AP credits. Maybe I can take other upper bio classes and do well.

upload_2016-8-17_12-58-11.png