Already Submitted to AMCAS but want to tell schools more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jappeach

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have already submitted my application to AMCAS but I wanted to let schools know about a clinical experience that I will be starting in July that extends throughout the year. My application currently lacks clinical experience so I think it would really make my application stronger...I just didn't think it was appropriate to include it in the primary because I haven't started yet. How do I go about letting schools know about this clinical experience starting in July? Can I just update my primary app?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can, talk about it in your secondaries. Also -I might be wrong- but I believe you can send them an "update letter" at any time to let them know of anything you believe is relevant.

If you can, talk about it in your secondaries. Also -I might be wrong- but I believe you can send them an "update letter" at any time to let them know of anything you believe is relevant.

I don't know if all schools let you do this, but many do let you send up dates to them individually. I know a lot of people who've done that at my state schools. I believe most schools let you send updates pre-interview. Once you've been interviewed some will let you still send updates while others will not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely cannot change your primary. Once you hit submit all you can change is contact info and schools you sent it to.

Either send an update or list it in the secondaries. I would do the latter. And if there is no essay that really allows space for it then just add your own page to the secondary.

Good luck.

Hey Guys,

I have already submitted my application to AMCAS but I wanted to let schools know about a clinical experience that I will be starting in July that extends throughout the year. My application currently lacks clinical experience so I think it would really make my application stronger...I just didn't think it was appropriate to include it in the primary because I haven't started yet. How do I go about letting schools know about this clinical experience starting in July? Can I just update my primary app?

Thanks in advance!

My friend is filling out secondaries now and from what I hear they are asking all the same information over and over again. So, yea you will be able to get in what you want.

what about updated MCAT scores? I'm thinking about taking it again, but at the time I submitted my application, I didn't have another date down. Can I still update the scores somehow? and how would I make it more official than just sending an update of my own?

what about updated MCAT scores? I'm thinking about taking it again, but at the time I submitted my application, I didn't have another date down. Can I still update the scores somehow? and how would I make it more official than just sending an update of my own?

i believe you can have them sent out from the testing agency directly. (someone correct me on this?)