Also, Experience Before Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayjayjay

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that I have dicided that I will go for what I want to do and go to Med-School to become a primary health care physician. But, first thing is first and there are some things I would like to know about getting experience in clinical settings during my summers and school vacations. Does anyone know of any good resources to find information on this topic, especially if I want to be a primary health care physician? Any input at all is greatly appreciated.
-JJJ

Members don't see this ad.

Hi... The way I went about finding a place to get clinical experience may be a little bit out there, but it worked for me....I started out by sending letters to some local pediatrician's offices, and i had no luck...I was searching for my local hospitals volunteer number...and I came across a list of physican's affiliated w/ the hospital. Some of the physicians had email addresses, so I emailed them. A few days later, I got a call from a pediatricans office, saying that they had a clinical position available if I wanted to train for it. Again...not very typical experience, but it worked for me. Good luck!!