Also how many questions do you need to get right in order to get 11 in each scie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adrakdavra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also how many questions do you need to get right in order to get 11 in each science section?

In P.S I got

Number of correct = 43
Number of wrong Qs = 9

is that a 10 or 11

I am a little confused how the scoring works, one questions wrong = 14
two questions wrong = 13

Or is it curved because it is easy to get 3-5 questions wrong on the MCAT. can you get 5 Qs wrong and still get a 13???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also how many questions do you need to get right in order to get 11 in each science section?

In P.S I got

Number of correct = 43
Number of wrong Qs = 9

is that a 10 or 11

I am a little confused how the scoring works, one questions wrong = 14
two questions wrong = 13

Or is it curved because it is easy to get 3-5 questions wrong on the MCAT. can you get 5 Qs wrong and still get a 13???

The exact number, as well as, the percentage of correct answers required to get an 11 on say, physical science, is different for almost every AAMC test you take (and possibly different for every single MCAT). The scores are "scaled." If you have a copy of AAMC's Official Guide to the MCAT, check the section about how MCAT is scored. It applies to AAMC practice tests too.

Generally speaking it is around 75% to 80% based on my recollection.

FYI: "Scaled" is different than "curved." The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam by AAMC explains.