Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Alternate ID on AMCAS--sheesh!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tweetie_bird, May 7, 2002.

1. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I think I am going to end up having bazillion IDs. Did you guys include your student ID number from the undergrad institution as an alternate ID? I have two institutions....

I thought it might be helpful to include my undergrad school ID number as an alternate ID; except on the transcript request, it shows up under "SSN/ID".....is that right??

I don't like AMCAS already

2. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Unless that's new, I never got that last year. Sounds really confusing. You should be happy if they get your SS# right, let alone a separate number that doesn't even really identify you. I wouldn't include it if you don't have to.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Now I remember - that's not an alternative ID, they really mean replacement ID. It's for people who don't want to give them a SS# for privacy reasons. I'd advise you to just put down your SS#, although I've never really heard of anyone using the alternative method.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Put down all the ID #'s from all the schools you've attended. It helps them match transcripts to applications, and Lord knows, AMCAS needs all the help it can get!! :rolleyes: I sent three transcripts and put down 3 student ID's in addition to my SSN. I did not have them lose a single transcript, which I believe was something of a record last year!! :D

5. trouta

trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Put down all of your student ID's as the poster above said. Dont worry about the number of them. Between all of my programs and off campus studies I had quite a list.

6. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

ok, sounds good....I will do that.

It's just that i saw a red flag when on my actual transcript request printout, one of the categories was "SSN/ID" and I didn't know which one to pick for that school.

Thanks much.
    Tweetie