1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate list- NSU-COM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by smd, Jul 5, 1999.

1. smd

smd New Member

Anyone out there still on the list at NOVA? Has anyone that's been accepted changed their mind? I've been on the list since december and waiting impatiently.'
    SD

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Henry

Henry Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Did you called the admissions office?

4. JRV214

JRV214 New Member

I am on the alternate list for NSU-COM. I have spoken to the office of admissions several times, probably to the point of being a nuisance, and was told that their class was completely full. I have also applied to the Masters in Biomedical Sciences Program so that I can prove that I can handle the rigors of a medical school curriculum.
    My personal dilemma is whether or not to just focus on bettering my MCAT ( 25 composite; however a 6 in Verbal) or prove myself in the Master's Program. I have a decent GPA with a 3.7 and numerous volunteering experiences. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

5. smd

smd New Member

Of course I've called the admissions office, several times. I considered the MBS program but have decided to go to graduate school at Miami instead to get a Masters in Occupational Health and Safety Engineering instead incase I don't make it in once again next year. I heard that if you are waitlisted one year admission is almost guaranteed the next. I am not sure if this is myth or fact. I too need to prove myself in a masters program as my MCAT was a 24 and GPA only a 3.0. I however, worked at the NSU health clinic as a Medical Assistant and got to know several physicians and committe members at the university...but, all to no avail as I am still waiting. I did hear that the class is completely full. Good luck to all waiting.
    smd

6. Doreen

Doreen Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was also waitlisted and I shadowed a clinical assistant professor at NSU-COM to no avail. I have been accepted to both the MBS program and the Podiatric College at Barry University(I didn't apply this year for podiatry but I received a letter of acceptance a week ago, go figure.) I know that if I do well there, then this will show them that I can handle the coursework as well. It's good to know that I'm not alone, although I wish all of us got in [​IMG]
    Oh well, at least I got into a program in south Florida so at least I don't have to worry about room and board [​IMG]