Alternate list- NSU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smd

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there still on the list at NOVA? Has anyone that's been accepted changed their mind? I've been on the list since december and waiting impatiently.'
SD

Members don't see this ad.

Did you called the admissions office?

I am on the alternate list for NSU-COM. I have spoken to the office of admissions several times, probably to the point of being a nuisance, and was told that their class was completely full. I have also applied to the Masters in Biomedical Sciences Program so that I can prove that I can handle the rigors of a medical school curriculum.
My personal dilemma is whether or not to just focus on bettering my MCAT ( 25 composite; however a 6 in Verbal) or prove myself in the Master's Program. I have a decent GPA with a 3.7 and numerous volunteering experiences. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course I've called the admissions office, several times. I considered the MBS program but have decided to go to graduate school at Miami instead to get a Masters in Occupational Health and Safety Engineering instead incase I don't make it in once again next year. I heard that if you are waitlisted one year admission is almost guaranteed the next. I am not sure if this is myth or fact. I too need to prove myself in a masters program as my MCAT was a 24 and GPA only a 3.0. I however, worked at the NSU health clinic as a Medical Assistant and got to know several physicians and committe members at the university...but, all to no avail as I am still waiting. I did hear that the class is completely full. Good luck to all waiting.
smd

I was also waitlisted and I shadowed a clinical assistant professor at NSU-COM to no avail. I have been accepted to both the MBS program and the Podiatric College at Barry University(I didn't apply this year for podiatry but I received a letter of acceptance a week ago, go figure.) I know that if I do well there, then this will show them that I can handle the coursework as well. It's good to know that I'm not alone, although I wish all of us got in
frown.gif

Oh well, at least I got into a program in south Florida so at least I don't have to worry about room and board
smile.gif