"alternate"?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
WTF??? I open my mail today, a thin little envelope from GW, and they tell me, "Congratulations! You're an alternate for the class of 2003!" :confused: I'm an "alternate"????? From their first interview day?? I'm so mad!!! I bet I'm their first wait-lister. Plus the letter was so damn overly cheerful...+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

For God's sake man...BE HAPPY!!
I'm not saying do cartwheels or anything (although I probably would), but being an alternate this early in the game is a good thing...is it not?

At least you got some love...even if it is just a little. Good Luck. In my opinion you're as good as in...think of how many applicants might turn down that opportunity to take something else...than your IN!!!

Be happy it's still early! :cool:

I agree with Angel. It still early in the game and there is plenty that you can do in order to get yourself off that waitlist and accepted by the time orietation starts (which is many months away). Send them update letters when you have something to share or a letter of interest if you really want to go there, extra LOR's may help. Besides, it will most likely not be your only interview. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Prognosis looks good. Relax. :) And do what SolidGold said, but make sure you're chill about it (don't stalk them ;))

-RA

OSU sent out 50 acceptance letters today (10/16)
just thought you might want to know

Just relax man! I am not sure how GW runs their program, but if it is anything many others, they only accept the very top applicants out of the first few weeks of the interview season. The remaining "alternates" during this period of the season have an excellent chance at getting in by the time summer rolls around. Just think about, the committee will most likely review your application about three times more before the end of the season. If you have been good about updating with new grades, degrees, awards, etc. you have an even better chance. This is not the time to let your guard down! Good luck!

Hey Kaos-- I know it's frustrating, but it's better than a rejection! ;) :D

I agree with the other posters here, and I think you'll end up just fine with GW. Just make sure to keep them updated (although not in a stalking kind of way). Cheer up, and lots of luck!!! :) :) :)

Thanks a lot everybody, your advice is good. My OP was a spur-of-the-moment reaction to the GW letter. I guess it is a good thing. What I found frustrating is that they won't look @ my file until May 15, and I have to wait until somebody else drops their place in the class. :(

Any other suggestions about how to make my application stand out?