Alternative Loans. Medloans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am maxed out for the year on the Stafford and my school has informed me that there is no more $$ left for Perkins.

I need to take out an Alternative loan with low interest and deferment until after school.

I am currently with Sallie Mae and would very much like to stay with them.

Does anyone know anythign about Medloans? How about other similar loans.

I need around $5,000 to cover expenses of moving to a new apartment, summer funds (and I will have a job), and other costs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply here or feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you check with the financial aid dept at your school, they can best direct you to what is available and let you know who charges what rates, origin fees..and the such. Each school has different poilices on how much they will let you take out...soit is always best to first check with them...

...believe me...I went through it...

I've never used them personally, but I do know that Medloans is one of the few that my school recommends. The FA office has a list of ones they have used the most and that the students like the best. Can't go wrong with that ;). But make sure your FAO hasn't had any problems with them.

Much thanks to both of you for your input.

Guess the answer is "Ask the FAO on Monday!"

Have a good weekend and thanks again!