Alternative ways to learn more advanced psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thyre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I enjoy psychology but can't take psych courses any time soon. Regardless, I still enjoy listening to lectures and reading pych text books.

Problem is I keep coming across basic psych teachings eg. object permanence, regression, memory, neuron structure, the nervous system, brain developmental stages, famous experiments like classical conditioning, basic brain anatomy like the hippocampus, frontal cortex, thalamus, you get the picture. Basically everything I have already learned in my "child development and psychology" class and my psychology class in high school.

It's nice to brush up now and then but I really would enjoy learning new things.

Anyone know of a website or maybe a youtube channel or even books that might be more advanced?

Members don't see this ad.

So I enjoy psychology but can't take psych courses any time soon. Regardless, I still enjoy listening to lectures and reading pych text books.

Problem is I keep coming across basic psych teachings eg. object permanence, regression, memory, neuron structure, the nervous system, brain developmental stages, famous experiments like classical conditioning, basic brain anatomy like the hippocampus, frontal cortex, thalamus, you get the picture. Basically everything I have already learned in my "child development and psychology" class and my psychology class in high school.

It's nice to brush up now and then but I really would enjoy learning new things.

Anyone know of a website or maybe a youtube channel or even books that might be more advanced?

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/suggestions.htm

Reactions: 1 user