Alternatives to completing my Dental Degree after wrongful termination from Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incisor007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wrongfully dismissed from a US dental school during my last year of attendance for reason other than academic performance. All I can say is that the issue stems form a rogue staff member who breached their trust and terms of employment and basically got me involved in the process and sabotaged me because the feeling wasn't reciprocal.

Despite all the evidence and written testimonies from the employee admitting fault, the University still dismissed me. I hired a legal team to help with the appeals process, and still the decision to dismiss was final.

According to my new legal counsel who is an experienced educational law attorney, and having prior experience dealing with the same University, he stated that the school I was attending is known to be rogue in the legal community and will go the distance to fight students in court, which means if the case goes to court it can take months to years, and if it does so, that means over $150K for attorney fees (which I don't have)! Although we still have a good shot to litigate, I however, am hemorrhaging legal fees and I was hopping someone on here and can advise me on the matter in which I would be very appreciative.

I was looking into Dental Programs over sees for me to try to transfer my course work there and to hopefully obtain a dental degree for me to come back to the states and possibly do a GPR or AEGD or even an IDDP program. I know this probably sounds crazy to some readers but I really have been wronged and have borrowed over $350K in federal loans for the dental school I was dismissed from and I honestly do not know what to do.

Please DM or reply to the post with an open mind and a sense to help. Please don't ask me for other information regarding the pending case nor the Dental School I was attending.

I appreciate your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wrongfully dismissed from a US dental school during my last year of attendance for reason other than academic performance. All I can say is that the issue stems form a rogue staff member who breached their trust and terms of employment and basically got me involved in the process and sabotaged me because the feeling wasn't reciprocal.

Despite all the evidence and written testimonies from the employee admitting fault, the University still dismissed me. I hired a legal team to help with the appeals process, and still the decision to dismiss was final.

According to my new legal counsel who is an experienced educational law attorney, and having prior experience dealing with the same University, he stated that the school I was attending is known to be rogue in the legal community and will go the distance to fight students in court, which means if the case goes to court it can take months to years, and if it does so, that means over $150K for attorney fees (which I don't have)! Although we still have a good shot to litigate, I however, am hemorrhaging legal fees and I was hopping someone on here and can advise me on the matter in which I would be very appreciative.

I was looking into Dental Programs over sees for me to try to transfer my course work there and to hopefully obtain a dental degree for me to come back to the states and possibly do a GPR or AEGD or even an IDDP program. I know this probably sounds crazy to some readers but I really have been wronged and have borrowed over $350K in federal loans for the dental school I was dismissed from and I honestly do not know what to do.

Please DM or reply to the post with an open mind and a sense to help. Please don't ask me for other information regarding the pending case nor the Dental School I was attending.

I appreciate your feedback.

I am very sorry to read about your situation. It is very hard to imagine whatever happened with you especially in final year of dental school after all the hard work. You can transfer your credits in international dental schools. check Canadian dental schools. If they don't accept transfer students then check Mexican or Caribbean dental schools. Probably they will accept your first three years and you can complete final year in that school. You have to do your research on dental schools and how they accept transfer students. Some schools might accept your first two years and you will have to do two years of advance standing kind of thing with them. try to call some schools in South America. hope it helps. good luck