Alternatives to Selling your MCAT Books...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given how much people never want to see their MCAT books again, what would be some morale-effective techniques that don't involve giving their books away? I have some ANCIENT MCAT books from before the test went CBT. Ancient!

Obviously, book donations are nice.
Recycling is environmentally friendly.
Using it as a door stop saves trees.
Using it to leverage your chair, considering its girth and sturdiness as a test seems to be a great idea as well.
Wrapping all your books up creates a great stepping stool to increase your height.

Drowning your MCAT book seems to be ineffective. It seems to lack the moral fiber needed to suffer, and the pages dry out afterwards T.T
Neither is performing surgery. I think stabbing it would cause it to expel some sort of dark, tarry acid that would burn through any chemical container known to man.

Setting afire must be impossibly rewarding.
Has anyone actually SHOT at their books? With bullets, BBs, paintball, rubber bands, or anything else? Paper clips?

Or... for the practical, turning your MCAT book into a book safe to store stuff that's actually important for life, like money, scandalous pictures, and candy? Or would that be too obvious? I mean, WHO would keep an MCAT book?

Just something to give people a break from moral dilemmas :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Keep it for good memories? When you're a doctor, you can fondly turn the leaves of the pages and reminesce about the good days of paper MCAT test.:laugh:

As a chemistry experiment.. See what happens when you mix

1. 1 mcat book
2. 1 bottle of clorox
3. 1 quart of gasoline
4. 1 match
5. 1 ******* non pre-med friend to light it

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep it for good memories? When you're a doctor, you can fondly turn the leaves of the pages and reminesce about the good days of paper MCAT test.:laugh:

Never took the paper MCAT. My parents badgered me into buying it when I was a freshman, for reasons beyond my explanation, in hopes that I would use it to study for my pre-med classes :confused:. I am the proud owner of the "NEWLY UPDATED" Paper/Pencil MCAT 2006 by Kaplan. Those of you familiar with the CBT know it was born in 2006.

Off the top of my head, I probably have about 2.5 to 3 feet of MCAT-related books. That's a lot of bloody paper.

i have about a good 30 mcat books from all my cousins who took the exam. i have no idea what to do with them since half of them dated back to 2003.

i probably am never going to use half of those books!:boom::boom:

As for me, I will give them to a homeless and tutor him/her how to study and prepare for MCAT, thus one day he/she can get a killer MCAT score and go to Harvard!!...LOL...Just kidding...I wouldnt burn them,I probably end up putting them in the attic and never see them again in my life...

Is it enviromentally unfriendly for me to toss them in Lake Michigan? What about the Chicago River? If its good enough for sewage, why not an MCAT book or two?

Pull a House and cut out the pages to hide your (enter drug of choice) stash.