Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

ALTERNATIVES TO USMLE

Discussion in 'Step I' started by rjoshi, Sep 15, 1999.

1. rjoshi

rjoshi New Member

I am a medical graduate from India, I want to study in united states and gather some more knowledge.But I am scared of USMLE Exam.Are there some other specialities where i can get thru' without USMLE Scores. I do not mind pathology or microbiology or other basic sciences.
    please let me know if I have some other options?
    RONJA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dragonking

dragonking Member
    10+ Year Member

Ya, go to Osteopathic schools and take the COMLEX. However, it is as difficult as the USMLE, or, should I say, even harder!

4. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The only path to licensure and a spot in residency training in the United States, without an osteopathic medical degree, is by taking the USMLE.

There are no alternative pathways (I believe).

One thing you might consider is going through medical school again here in the US. One other thing you might want to consider is going to osteopathic school at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, where they have an "Accelerated Program for Emigre Physicians." It's an accelerated osteopathic medical program designed for people such as yourself who want to practice in the US as osteopathic physicians. You can check out their website at www.nyit.edu

Tim of New York City.

5. The.Supinator

Medical Student
    hope it worked out man!