SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!


Discussion in 'Step I' started by rjoshi, Sep 15, 1999.

  1. rjoshi

    rjoshi New Member

    Sep 9, 1999
    livingston NJ 07039
    I am a medical graduate from India, I want to study in united states and gather some more knowledge.But I am scared of USMLE Exam.Are there some other specialities where i can get thru' without USMLE Scores. I do not mind pathology or microbiology or other basic sciences.
    please let me know if I have some other options?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dragonking

    dragonking Member 10+ Year Member

    May 22, 1999
    Ya, go to Osteopathic schools and take the COMLEX. However, it is as difficult as the USMLE, or, should I say, even harder!
  4. turtleboard

    turtleboard SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

    Jun 3, 1999
    New York, New York
    The only path to licensure and a spot in residency training in the United States, without an osteopathic medical degree, is by taking the USMLE.

    There are no alternative pathways (I believe).

    One thing you might consider is going through medical school again here in the US. One other thing you might want to consider is going to osteopathic school at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, where they have an "Accelerated Program for Emigre Physicians." It's an accelerated osteopathic medical program designed for people such as yourself who want to practice in the US as osteopathic physicians. You can check out their website at

    Tim of New York City.

Share This Page