This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowcake

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good morning SDN,

I was wondering what you all thought of the Altius FL exams for prepping for the MCAT. I am retaking due to a low CARS score (505: 127/123/128/127) and I have been implementing some 3rd Party exams into my schedule to try and expose some weak spots before I test on May 13, 2022. I heard that Altius exams were tough especially in the CP and BB sections and was hoping that I could hear some thoughts from the SDN community on Altius tests. I have taken ALT 1 and ALT 2 and AAMC FL1 and FL2. Listed below are my scores.

AAMC FL1 - 519 (130/130/130/129)
AAMC FL2 - 516 (130/128/129/129)

ALT FL1 - 508 (128/127/127/126)
ALT FL2 - 509 (128/125/126/130)

Both AAMC exams have been taken before (Retaker), and this is why I am implementing some 3rd party material into schedule. Just want to know what the community thinks, and if there are any suggestions on moving forward. I have somewhat of a below average GPA for MD school, but with a good MCAT it should not be a problem.

Thank you all and have a great sunday.

Altius exams feel like the real deal, at least personally, but I consistently scored way lower on the Altius exams, especially for CARS. My highest Altius FL was 519, then two days later I scored 526 on the AAMC 1. I ended up scoring a 526 on my actual just a few weeks after I got a 517 on a retaken Altius FL. Altius FL10 has some issues, unless they have been resolved since I took it a couple years ago, and I wouldn’t recommend taking it within a few months of your actual test, because it might throw you off since the general consensus among the Altius community is that it is not as accurate.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.