Dr. Wednesday

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2016
Hi all,

I've looked for answers to this question by searching the threads but the answers were limited. Does anyone know how Altius practice test scores compare to the real test? They're supposed to be a perfect match, but I've heard some people tell me that they scored higher on the real thing and I am wanting to see if that's true. Anyway, thanks all and good luck studying!

salemstein

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I got their 10-set and really liked it.
The ups: A lot of their questions make you think critically and their difficulty is reflective of the real exam (probably even harder). You get lots of exposure to different experimental techniques and interpreting diagrams and graphs. Their CARS was way harder than the real thing, but I think thats a good thing because it taught me how to not get demoralized by a hard passage. Everything is formatted according to AAMC guidelines, which is really nice (except AAMC constantly breaks their own rules on passage length on the real exam. Shame on you.)
The downs: It would have been nice if they emphasized analyzing the written parts of a passage a bit more. The real test was 50/50 on comprehending written material vs. reading the graphs. P/S on the real thing was basically all comprehension. I also noticed a couple errors in which the correct answer choice was wrong and/or none of the choices were correct.
Overall, its alot better than many of the other companies that still think we're doing the old mcat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

salemstein

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for the info! You totally don't have to say if you don't want to, but how you feel like your scores on the practice test measured up to your real test score?

Didn't get my real scores yet, but I averaged around 510 on their tests (with a lot of variation between test to test)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.