altius vs blue print exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinzlvr1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm planning on purchasing 3rd party practice exams from either Altius or BluePrint. Any recommendations as to which one I should use? Is one more representative of the actual AAMC than the other, does one have better explanations?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm planning on purchasing 3rd party practice exams from either Altius or BluePrint. Any recommendations as to which one I should use? Is one more representative of the actual AAMC than the other, does one have better explanations?
They're both fine, and there is no such thing as "more representative" of the real thing. Pick whichever one gives you a better deal! I used Altius because they were running a deal last year, but I've also heard only good things about Blueprint. No third party gives you an accurate picture of where you are score wise, but they all are fine for practice with both timing and content (except for CARS).

CARS is the toughest to improve through practice, and no third party really captures what the MCAT is looking for. Fortunately, AAMC just introdcued a new CARS diagnostic tool, so you at least have an additional resource that wasn't available before this year.

Last edited:
I’ve used both and in my opinion the BluePrint ones are my preferred ones out of the two. I also liked BluePrints explanations for answers and wrong answers more. If I did it over again I would have saved my money and skipped the Altius ones and just went with BluePrints. Good luck on your decision.