Altius vs EK full length(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICUBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In addition to AAMC, I have room in my prep for one, maybe two, additional practice tests. Thus far I've done NS 1-4- 511,510,507,508. My lowest section has been CARS. I've heard good things about both EK 3-4 and Altius, wondering if anyone has any insight or suggestions about which is more realistic.

FWIW I'm continuing to practice with EK 101 biomolecules and NS 108 cars along with some gen Chem/physics review in TBR.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Try to get TPR Cars, I heard good things about it. About FL's I am also debating between Next Step and Altius, are all next step worth buying?

I've only done 1-4 so I have no reference but point but I liked them and had no major problems. Have heard 1-4 are best but idk how valid that is. Also have heard CARS is overly hard, which would not surprise me tho I haven't done AAMC yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Altius exams are amazing. They're cheap, offer unlimited attempts, and very similar to the AAMC. The passages are all journal based with appropriate amounts of figures, charts, and tables accompanying the questions. Additionally, having taken NS, EK, Altius, Kaplan, TBR, PR exams and using their practice materials, I'd have to say Altius is the best practice exams. I'm especially a big fan of the answer explanations that Altius provides. Unlike other companies which say "B is the correct answer because glycine is achiral" Altius goes an extra step beyond, discussing what the question was asking for, how you should have used the data in the passage, and ultimately helping you understand WHY glycine is achiral and therefore the correct answer to my made up example above.

Altius exams are amazing. They're cheap, offer unlimited attempts, and very similar to the AAMC. The passages are all journal based with appropriate amounts of figures, charts, and tables accompanying the questions. Additionally, having taken NS, EK, Altius, Kaplan, TBR, PR exams and using their practice materials, I'd have to say Altius is the best practice exams. I'm especially a big fan of the answer explanations that Altius provides. Unlike other companies which say "B is the correct answer because glycine is achiral" Altius goes an extra step beyond, discussing what the question was asking for, how you should have used the data in the passage, and ultimately helping you understand WHY glycine is achiral and therefore the correct answer to my made up example above.

right on the money

Reactions: 1 user