Medical Am I able to apply to a medical school that I am currently waitlisted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at a handful of schools this cycle and have been waitlisted by all of them, so now I'm preparing to reapply in the upcoming cycle. Am I able to submit my primary to the current schools who have waitlisted me while they have not gotten back to me yet? If yes, will this negatively impact my waitlist position or kick me off the waitlist? Thank you.
Do you know where you are on the waitlists? I would certainly encourage you to do so because it's another signal for those schools to know you may be available for any spot that could open up real late.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at a handful of schools this cycle and have been waitlisted by all of them, so now I'm preparing to reapply in the upcoming cycle. Am I able to submit my primary to the current schools who have waitlisted me while they have not gotten back to me yet? If yes, will this negatively impact my waitlist position or kick me off the waitlist? (Of course, I am going to request feedback from those schools once they are able to provide that for me). Thank you.
You should not reapply unless you were handicapped by a late application.

I strongly suggest taking a gap year and fixing whatever it was to cause you to be put on so many wait lists. For starters, work on interview skills.

Reapplying to a school you got rejected from from automatically provoke this question: What have you done to improve yourself since the last application?

Status
Not open for further replies.