am i anywhere on the right track.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mik118

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i just finished my freshman year at college. i go to the U. of New Haven in CT. i have wanted to go into Premed for as long as i can remember. i did alright this year last sem. i received a 3.48 which isnt too hot...i plan to work my butt off!! in terms of my contact with the hospital i have volunteered for 2 years at UCONN hospital and i have been an EMT for about 4 years now and on the local fire department for 3 years. i just received a job with Bristol hospital to ride as an EMT-I for the summer. i do not have any knowledge on internships can someone please e-mail me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

You are deffenetely on the right track. GPA-wise, you will have 2 years to go so I would not worry about that. You need to have some research experience and you are set. Take Bio and Chem classes first so you will have some background for research. Good Luck!

Research is not necessary to apply to medical school. It does seem you are on the right track, as long as you pick up the grades. You have at least two more years until you apply, so be sure to focus on your prereq science courses and then study like you've never studied before for the MCAT in about two Aprils. Don't forget to have other ECs besides the EMT job(s). Get involved at school with clubs of interest, etc. A lot of med schools really look for students who are leaders. What kind of internships are you interested in/looking for? Good luck.