Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

am i anywhere on the right track.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mik118, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Mik118

Mik118 Junior Member

hi i just finished my freshman year at college. i go to the U. of New Haven in CT. i have wanted to go into Premed for as long as i can remember. i did alright this year last sem. i received a 3.48 which isnt too hot...i plan to work my butt off!! in terms of my contact with the hospital i have volunteered for 2 years at UCONN hospital and i have been an EMT for about 4 years now and on the local fire department for 3 years. i just received a job with Bristol hospital to ride as an EMT-I for the summer. i do not have any knowledge on internships can someone please e-mail me at [email protected]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member

You are deffenetely on the right track. GPA-wise, you will have 2 years to go so I would not worry about that. You need to have some research experience and you are set. Take Bio and Chem classes first so you will have some background for research. Good Luck!

4. ellerose

ellerose Member

Research is not necessary to apply to medical school. It does seem you are on the right track, as long as you pick up the grades. You have at least two more years until you apply, so be sure to focus on your prereq science courses and then study like you've never studied before for the MCAT in about two Aprils. Don't forget to have other ECs besides the EMT job(s). Get involved at school with clubs of interest, etc. A lot of med schools really look for students who are leaders. What kind of internships are you interested in/looking for? Good luck.