Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Am I applying late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Crazed, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Crazed

Crazed Member
    10+ Year Member

I am about to send out my secondaries - where in the applicant pool does this put me? I would love some input. Also, is a 24 MCAT and 3.37 competitive? (lots of extracurricuulars). Thanks guys!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi Crazed-

I really hope not. I just recently started secondaries, had transcripts sent to AACOMAS, and will beging D.O. Shadowing this week. Your credentials seem good enough in my criterion.

Dr.Perez

4. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Iam so embarrsed to say this but I have just submitted my aacomas application,(3.7,22M) :oops: :oops:

5. sport

sport Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think it's too late. Earlier is better, but then again later is better than not at all. When I was interviewing some students were telling me that they did not interview until April and were still accepted. I think you will be fine. Good luck.
    PS- your stats are equal if not better than mine, and I was accepted. So don't get discouraged.... ;)

7. Crazed

Crazed Member
    10+ Year Member

What do you mean, "even with extracurriculars it doesn't do much to be competitive?" Are you saying that extracurr. won't do much to be competitive, or that it doesn't take much to be competitive? Please clarify

8. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member
    7+ Year Member

Crazed-I'm not sure what JTHomas was saying, but your numbers arn't that great like mine, 8,9,8 with a 3.4, but I took the AUG MCAT, and three days after they got my scores, DMU and AZCOM and CCOM they all called me for an interview, why I think it was because of my extras, like my peace corp type work in south america, etc., so if you have done your extras, you should be fine with most DO schools, they don't want a 4.0 36 mcat, who can't relate to thier coworkers and patients,etc they want someone who has demonstrated their devotion to helping others. GOOD LUCK and sit tight :) :) :)

9. sport

sport Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

good point dirkdiggler.....and great name.

EXTRACARRICULARS !!!! Please believe me when I say that it will go a long way towards helping your application. Do something that makes you stand out. :)