asiangod

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Cali
Status
Pre-Dental
I wanna know if anyone has heard of acceptances/interviews w/ someone having similar statistics as myself. I applied w/ a 2.95 science gpa & a 3.2 cumulative & i have a very positive trend (all A's last semester w/ difficult science classes & not quite as good of a gpa the sem. before that). my dat scores are:
aa: 19
ts: 19
bio: 19
gchem: 19
ochem: 20
Pat: 20
RC: 19
QR: 16

i applied to schools all over and still havent heard much back. i did a few supp apps and paid a few dues, but thats mainly it. uop is my top choice btw. let me know what you guys think..

Regmata

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You are just going to have to wait and see...that GPA isn't helping you at all, but you never know. You may get in somewhere...keep your fingers crossed.

asiangod

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Cali
Status
Pre-Dental
it seems like people are generally doing worse this year on the dats.. i wonder if thats true. and if it is, maybe my not so great score will appear better comparatively. :/, i'm looking for all the hope i can get if u cant already tell

Reactions: Waldoman
About the Ads

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status
Dental Student
it seems like people are generally doing worse this year on the dats.. i wonder if thats true. and if it is, maybe my not so great score will appear better comparatively. :/, i'm looking for all the hope i can get if u cant already tell
i'm not so sure about that....keep your head up
-ld

jdoc04

Dentist to be!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2005
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
If you don't get in this cycle you should continue taking classes. If last summer was the start of your upward trend then you need more, at least 2 semesters of A's in order to solidify that trend. Don't get discouraged if dentistry is what you want to do, continue the good work and it will happen!! Good Luck!!:thumbup:

jigabodo

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Louisville, KY
Status
Dentist
Upward trend is always good. You should be proud of yourself getting straight As with those difficult science classes!

Anyways, your GPA is similiar to mine (I have a 3.3 overall ) I think your DAT is solid, although it should probably be better to compensate for your GPA. Just keep your faith, you never know what'll happen.

About the Ads