Am I being dumb (UCLA and LLU)???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rasheedwallace

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been offered acceptance into UCLA and LLU. However, LLU is offering me a renewable 5000 dollars a year scholarship, so 20K total. I don't know the financial package UCLA will give me because I haven't turned in my financial aid yet. However, I'm still leaning heavily to declining Loma Linda and attending UCLA. Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

isnt UCLA cheaper overall? so if LLU give you 5,000 a year, 160-20=140 and ucla is still cheaper at 100,000

I believe UCLA is cheaper overall but if money is not your biggest concern...then it comes down to do you want to specialize or not? I hear LLU is very strong clinical...and we all know UCLA is known for their high specialty rates. That and the location, LA vs Loma linda. Plus haven't you seen? all the cool kids go to UCLA :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
SHEED! Go to UCLA, man.

whatever's cheaper

I believe UCLA is cheaper overall but if money is not your biggest concern...then it comes down to do you want to specialize or not? I hear LLU is very strong clinical...and we all know UCLA is known for their high specialty rates. That and the location, LA vs Loma linda.

ditto!

I've never been to UCLA, but is it right on the ocean?

Four words....

You, See, El, Eh (in my best Canadian accent)

Go where the cool kids go.

Go where it's cheaper.

Go where it's "easier" to specialize.

Go where the breasts are the biggest.

Go where you'll be happy.

...yep. That sums it up. All signs point to la ciudad de Los Angeles.

I've been offered acceptance into UCLA and LLU. However, LLU is offering me a renewable 5000 dollars a year scholarship, so 20K total. I don't know the financial package UCLA will give me because I haven't turned in my financial aid yet. However, I'm still leaning heavily to declining Loma Linda and attending UCLA. Any opinions?
Go to LLU if you don't mind going to chapels. I would actually be the rev out there if i even applied there. Oh s..t, they are adventists, they don't believe in rev like me, but their trained pastors.

Go to LLU, and God will bless your soul.
hey UCLA folks, Peace be with you. I love you all. I have a girl out there.

Rev Balls--Columbia or UPenn Dental Medicine Class of 2011

yes u are being dumb!

UCLA vs. LLU (i dont think many people outside of loma linda have heard of it)

no. that's UCSB. UCLA is about 15-20 minutes away from the ocean without traffic.

15 to 20 minutes? I grew up in LA and will be going to UCLA next year and i can get to pch in 5 to 7. Just fly down san vicente and take the california incline. And its quick bikeride away as well.

I think all inclusive (tuition, room, board, dental kit, miscellaneous expenses) UCLA is about $50K per year, so $200K total depending on how much you spend. Tuition is about $25K per year.

i'd choose ucla over llu without the 20,000.

Tough choice but I would definitely choose UCLA over LLU. So don't stress and go where the cool kids go

I would chose UCLA over LLU even if they offered me full tuition.

I liked undergrad at UCLA so much that I am going back to UCLA for 4 more years. 1) Beach 2) Westwood 3) Basketball and Football 4) all the cool kids go to UCLA 5) cheaper 6) its just the right choice to make

...that was from an unbiased completely objective standpoint of course

go to llu, they rejected me. i'm still waiting to hear from ucla so don't take my spot!
lol...no joke...Loma Linda even rejects folks like you. You see....those cheap bast.rds don't know what they are looking for. Oh no....i think they need a Rev like me to bless the girls' souls down there.

Actually Loma Linda has a good looking place, but this is no way a factor to consider to go there.

Rev. Balls