herewego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2008
Status
This is my second time going over Uworld. First time I used it as a learning tool, so I did it untimed, by system, with FA open most of the time confirming things.

Second time, I reset it, timed, random. My scores started in high 70s, and then it slowly creeped up to consistently in mid 80s. For a while I was in the low 90s, but now I look at my cumulative performance and my scores are dipping down to mid-low 80s despite having reread much more.

I'm thinking I'm burnt out.. I always have like 30-35 mins left on a timed block..physically don't want to push myself to run the clock down reviewing answers. I do however force myself to review every question, every answer choice.

I'm a little less than a week from my exam..should I do the UWSA 1 and 2??

Pro: more practice, maybe some new concepts
Con: I don't want to walk into the real thing nauseated at the idea of reviewing my answer choices..

I really don't have time to "take a day off" as its only a few more days. I've finished my 2nd run of uworld, and I'm finishing another review of FA.

Originally I scheduled in doing UWSA1 and maybe 2, and reviewing some anatomy/physio.

Any suggestions?

OP
H

herewego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2008
Status
Thanks for replying. That's what I wanted to hear I guess, that you still learn things from the uworld assessments. Guess I'll stick with the original plan. I only have to review 2-3 more sets of questions I've already done, so I guess I'll blaze through them. Thanks

GTP

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2010
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
This is my second time going over Uworld. First time I used it as a learning tool, so I did it untimed, by system, with FA open most of the time confirming things.

Second time, I reset it, timed, random. My scores started in high 70s, and then it slowly creeped up to consistently in mid 80s. For a while I was in the low 90s, but now I look at my cumulative performance and my scores are dipping down to mid-low 80s despite having reread much more.

I'm thinking I'm burnt out.. I always have like 30-35 mins left on a timed block..physically don't want to push myself to run the clock down reviewing answers. I do however force myself to review every question, every answer choice.

I'm a little less than a week from my exam..should I do the UWSA 1 and 2??

Pro: more practice, maybe some new concepts
Con: I don't want to walk into the real thing nauseated at the idea of reviewing my answer choices..

I really don't have time to "take a day off" as its only a few more days. I've finished my 2nd run of uworld, and I'm finishing another review of FA.

Originally I scheduled in doing UWSA1 and maybe 2, and reviewing some anatomy/physio.

Any suggestions?
Hello. Gl with ur exam in a few days. Jus out of curiosity, when did you start using Uworld as a learning tool? Did u get a yr subscription?

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Status
Medical Student
im in the same predicament as you. im on my second round of world with 23 percent left. i think it has helped me a great deal and ill know for sure after my NBME this sunday. id say stick with it and then go over the missed questions after it. part of the test is stamina. i just bombed a block a while ago (69%) and then put myself together and did another block and i was back (84%). so i dont think doing UWSA is going to be any different. it gets tiring towards the end before the test but that seperates the high and low scores.

OP
H

herewego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2008
Status
Hello. Gl with ur exam in a few days. Jus out of curiosity, when did you start using Uworld as a learning tool? Did u get a yr subscription?
I started uworld somewhere in january, bought 1 year subscription. I worked through it very slowly.

GTP

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2010
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
I started uworld somewhere in january, bought 1 year subscription. I worked through it very slowly.
Oh ok. So you didn't really use it for the first 6 months?