• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Am I competitive enough for T15? (3.94/524)

squids82

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2018
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Congrats on that MCAT!!

My two concerns (take them with a grain of salt as I'm a lowly applicant as well) are:

1.) no hook/uniqueness
2.) is the publication a primary authorship or more of a chance-based thing from the lab you joined

Of course, the top schools are always a crapshoot so if you write well, I'd imagine you'll have some success.

Overall: I'm confident that you will have choices of where to attend, but I am unsure if Columbia will be included in those choices.

Reactions: 1 users

DO2015CA

Resident - PGY3
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Being from Michigan and that application, I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan gave you love. I see you want to apply to UCLA and Stanford. I’d also add UCSF. Its a better school than both and I think you have the application for it. USC would be another to add if you are trying to get to California

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

littledoctor19

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Congrats on that MCAT!!

My two concerns (take them with a grain of salt as I'm a lowly applicant as well) are:

1.) no hook/uniqueness
2.) is the publication a primary authorship or more of a chance-based thing from the lab you joined

Of course, the top schools are always a crapshoot so if you write well, I'd imagine you'll have some success.

Overall: I'm confident that you will have choices of where to attend, but I am unsure if Columbia will be included in those choices.

I’ll keep those in mind. Thanks! And I was one of the primary authors for the publication

squids82

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2018
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I’ll keep those in mind. Thanks! And I was one of the primary authors for the publication
Then that solves both of my questions in a sense! I have no doubt you can articulate yourself well in secondaries and interviews with that track record so I think you’re in good shape for the T10!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.