This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littledoctor19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on that MCAT!!

My two concerns (take them with a grain of salt as I'm a lowly applicant as well) are:

1.) no hook/uniqueness
2.) is the publication a primary authorship or more of a chance-based thing from the lab you joined

Of course, the top schools are always a crapshoot so if you write well, I'd imagine you'll have some success.

Overall: I'm confident that you will have choices of where to attend, but I am unsure if Columbia will be included in those choices.

Reactions: 1 users
Being from Michigan and that application, I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan gave you love. I see you want to apply to UCLA and Stanford. I’d also add UCSF. Its a better school than both and I think you have the application for it. USC would be another to add if you are trying to get to California

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on that MCAT!!

My two concerns (take them with a grain of salt as I'm a lowly applicant as well) are:

1.) no hook/uniqueness
2.) is the publication a primary authorship or more of a chance-based thing from the lab you joined

Of course, the top schools are always a crapshoot so if you write well, I'd imagine you'll have some success.

Overall: I'm confident that you will have choices of where to attend, but I am unsure if Columbia will be included in those choices.

I’ll keep those in mind. Thanks! And I was one of the primary authors for the publication

I’ll keep those in mind. Thanks! And I was one of the primary authors for the publication
Then that solves both of my questions in a sense! I have no doubt you can articulate yourself well in secondaries and interviews with that track record so I think you’re in good shape for the T10!

Reactions: 1 user
Add Penn and WashU; both of which are famous stat ho's