Am I considered a re-applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soogreat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a super silly question but I can't stop worrying about it.
Two years ago, I wanted to check out how the AMCAS application looks like and how the sections are organized.
So I opened the 2019 application and filled out 1-2 sections such as school info and my family information.
Afterwards, I just closed the application and never looked at it again.
(So I didn't fill out any sections for gpa,mcat, LOR or school list)

And today I found out that I can actually print out my 2019 application on the AMCAS application service which freaked me out (Because all I did was just filling out a few sections).
Most sections were left blank except my school name and family info.
Submission and processed dates were also left blank.

But when I googled it, I found that
From AMCAS:

If you have a processed AMCAS application from a previous application year, you are considered a re-applicant to those previous medical schools.

I processed the application (because I opened it).
Does this mean that I am a re-applicant because I opened the application and filled out a few info two years ago?

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Two years ago, I wanted to check out how the AMCAS application looks like and how the sections are organized.
So I opened the 2019 application and filled out 1-2 sections such as school info and my family information.

And today I found out that I can actually print out my 2019 application on the AMCAS application service which freaked me out (Because all I did was just filling out a few sections).

From AMCAS:

If you have a processed AMCAS application from a previous application year, you are considered a re-applicant to those previous medical schools.

Does this mean that I am a re-applicant because I opened the application and filled out a few info two years ago?

Thank you.
You answered your own question -- if the processed date was blank, it wasn't processed!!! :)

Plus, even the provision you are citing only says "you are considered a re-applicant to those previous medical schools." If you didn't list any schools, you would be considered a re-applicant nowhere!!!

Reactions: 1 user

From AMCAS:

Thank you.
You didn't submit. You didn't pay them money. So, you were not "processed." You are not a reapplicant.

Reactions: 1 user