Am I considered a US or Canadian resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeybunchesofgoats

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I was born & raised in Oregon. I left for university at a Canadian institution and started working after graduation. I have been working in Canada x 3 years now. I have dual citizenship, still have my Oregon driver's license, etc.

When filling out OHSU's secondary, I read through their determination of residency status and I must have been living in Oregon for 12 months prior to matriculation to be considered an Oregon resident (even if I lived there previously).

Now I'm wondering if I'm not technically an Oregon resident, then I have no state of residency? So does this mean I'll be considered as an International applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro
Okay phew! Started to doubt everything! 'MURICA!

I know OHSU does an "Oregon Heritage" group in their app that I qualify for, is this considered the same advantage as legitimate residency?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Update for anyone who has a similar question in the future:
You don't lose your Oregon residency if you've been living outside the US, you can only lose it by living in another US state (for purposes other than full time university)