Am I disadvantaged?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Callmedoc15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Private school doesn't scream "woe is me".....just count on your stats

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, but my advisor has actually recommended that I apply disadvantaged. What about everything else besides the private school?
All the reviewers (and there will be many) who lacked this advantage will bristle.
AMCAS will likely give you an EO1 designation anyway. There's no need to push it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A wise man posted earlier implying that the theme this year seems to be "not really qualifying as disadvantaged has left me disadvantaged." I agree.

I would say no. Your time in private schools will speak volumes if you try to spin it as disadvantaged

Thanks everybody. I should have gone with my gut and not even considered it, but hearing people say I should do otherwise really messed with me. =/

Reactions: 2 users
if you have to ask you're not.

It is better to qualify for disadvantage and not claim it (yet AMCAS will do you the favor of tagging your application EO1 based on your parents' education and occupations) than to claim disadvantage and have the adcom think that you are hosting an unwarranted pity party.

Reactions: 3 users