Am I done for MD? Or even DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I continue with the class?

• Yes (Try harder)

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No (Take the L)

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
So all hope is not lost? I can still get into med school? I know it is a stupid question but I'm not a science major so I can't take all those science upper divs science majors take. I guess i have to take an L and drop the course. i need to do well in all the rest of my sciences. If you don't mind since you both got acceptances somewhere what are your stats? Thanks alot.
It's not, you just need to figure out how to perform well in your courses. My uGPA was below a 3.0 and I was able to do it.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not, you just need to figure out how to perform well in your courses. My uGPA was below a 3.0 and I was able to do it.
Yah I'm scared though. UC schools are notoriously known to weed out pre meds since there's so many. Any advice since you went to a UC school? Alot of the bio and chem teachers hard af

Members don't see this ad :)
No. That would average to a C+/B-. I would withdraw from the course.

Large dogs
So the poll says that there is a 50/50 vote that i should either drop it or not. I got a 53% which is actually now that I checked 17% below average. The first midterm is worth 20% of our grade. So you, as a physician, who went through being a pre med, would recommend me dropping bio for sure?

So the poll says that there is a 50/50 vote that i should either drop it or not. I got a 53% which is actually now that I checked 17% below average. The first midterm is worth 20% of our grade. So you, as a physician, who went through being a pre med, would recommend me dropping bio for sure?

So first you thought you were 4% below the average and now you are 17%? Just cut your losses already and start prestudying for biology next quarter.

Reactions: 1 user

Drop. Take the W (or whatever your school calls it.)

Large dogs

So first you thought you were 4% below the average and now you are 17%? Just cut your losses already and start prestudying for biology next quarter.
Damn it's just that I already took a W last quarter because I was depressed or maybe not depressed but I was going through something psychologically last quarter. So this would make the second w.

Drop. Take the W (or whatever your school calls it.)

Large dogs
I just dropped bio right now. I mentioned earlier I'm a humanities major. Is it okay that I take community college classes for my major (i.e. religious studies art history etc). Taking courses at a UC are VERY expensive

I just dropped bio right now. I mentioned earlier I'm a humanities major. Is it okay that I take community college classes for my major (i.e. religious studies art history etc). Taking courses at a UC are VERY expensive

It's ok, but it's best to take courses at a four-year college, particularly your pre-med courses.

Dude no. People have already answered that question, at this point take the W. I can guarantee you that adcoms will look at D much less kindly than a W.
I'm a humanities major and its VERY expensive to take classes here. Can i take some major breadth requirement requirements at a community college like religious studies art history etc and NOT classes like bio and chem?

No

Large dogs
Yah I'm just thinking of taking Ethnic Studies Religious studies and maybe literature course at a CC because it's a few thousand cheaper. Is this an okay idea? I want to graduate on time and fullfill my major (Anthropology) requirements

Yah I'm just thinking of taking Ethnic Studies Religious studies and maybe literature course at a CC because it's a few thousand cheaper. Is this an okay idea? I want to graduate on time and fullfill my major (Anthropology) requirements

See my prior response about this

Large dogs

Just try to do your best in the class, if you get a 100 on everything you can still manage an A! Even then try your hardest and you can get at least a B- which is not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yah I guess. But isn't getting a D bad? Do I have a chance of even getting a C or B? Wouldn't a W be better?
F636xiP.gif

So last quarter I was going through depression and stress and anxiety so I decided to drop ochem 12a (first quarter). I have around a 3.46 gpa currently an Asian undergrad at a University of California institution and i took the biggest L ever. I got a horrendous 53% on my first bio midterm exam. Anywhere from 10-20% below average(worth 20% of my grade) Lab is worth 30% Midterm 2 worth 20% and the final is worth 30%. Am I done for medical school? I do not know the average of the test but im sure it's much better than my 16/30. Should I even continue with this class or should i give up? I'm so stressed right now. Should I give up MD and go DO? I have made so many mistakes. However, Ochem is going well for me this quarter as I have a good teacher. I do however know the reason I didn't do well on my Bio exam and I fully intend to fix those mistakes but I'm not sure whether I should fix those mistakes now (by continuing with the class) or next quarter (W on transcript). That would make 2 W's on my transcript.
I'm so angry sad and confused. Please help.
Two Ws on your transcript don't mean a damn thing. I had 3 Ws, ended up with 13 interview invites, and was accepted to every school I interviewed at. You can definitely still get into medical school, chill out. But if it's going to end up a C or lower, just take the W.