Am i god's gift to dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdade15

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today in pre-clinic, I was cutting a crown prep on 14. Normally I struggle with these but all of the sudden it was like something hit me. I put almost no focus or effort into it and my margins came out perfect. At one point I closed my eyes as I was contouring the anatomy on the occlusal surface with a diamond bur and my professor said it was the best he'd ever seen in 15 years of teaching the course. Needless to say I was feeling cocky on the next tooth I prepped. I started out the same as last time and instead of struggling it was as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I felt like I was Neo off the matrix, like I was the one. I needed my mirror to cut the distal margin, but I refused to pick it up. I had 0 visibility, I just pretended I was looking through the tooth. I know this sounds crazy but that margin turned out perfect, it was better than the ones I had direct vision on. Once again, the doc checked it said it was perfect. Next tooth, I just closed my eyes completely, using only the feeling through my gloves to guide me. This one was for the check off grade, I recieved a perfect 4.0- and I never opened my eyes while I was cutting. I looked at the other preps in the class and they were inferior compared to mine. An example, my occlusal anatomy looks exactly like a miniature version of what was there before, every tertiary groove or fissure is still present on my crown preps. My question to this forum is, what should I do with my talent? Specailize, teach, write a book??? I'm still in awe of myself.

Members don't see this ad.

ur name is dirtysanchez and u are calling people a jackass, sorry my friend but envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

Members don't see this ad :)
ur name is dirtysanchez and u are calling people a jackass, sorry my friend but envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

So is pride....

Well try closing your eyes while you are prepping on a live patient and then you can write a book about how short your dental career was.

Today in pre-clinic, I was cutting a crown prep on 14. Normally I struggle with these but all of the sudden it was like something hit me. I put almost no focus or effort into it and my margins came out perfect. At one point I closed my eyes as I was contouring the anatomy on the occlusal surface with a diamond bur and my professor said it was the best he'd ever seen in 15 years of teaching the course. Needless to say I was feeling cocky on the next tooth I prepped. I started out the same as last time and instead of struggling it was as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I felt like I was Neo off the matrix, like I was the one. I needed my mirror to cut the distal margin, but I refused to pick it up. I had 0 visibility, I just pretended I was looking through the tooth. I know this sounds crazy but that margin turned out perfect, it was better than the ones I had direct vision on. Once again, the doc checked it said it was perfect. Next tooth, I just closed my eyes completely, using only the feeling through my gloves to guide me. This one was for the check off grade, I recieved a perfect 4.0- and I never opened my eyes while I was cutting. I looked at the other preps in the class and they were inferior compared to mine. An example, my occlusal anatomy looks exactly like a miniature version of what was there before, every tertiary groove or fissure is still present on my crown preps. My question to this forum is, what should I do with my talent? Specailize, teach, write a book??? I'm still in awe of myself.

I think Miss Cleo is looking for a partner. DP

I feel alot of anger resonating in this thread, I believe you are all just mad because I'm better than you could ever be. I am "the one." You probaly struggled to pass dental school labs, while I can close my eyes and get perfect scores with little focus or effort. I am sorry for my gift, I do not wish it to bring pain or anger from jealousy to anyone.

troll.jpg

I hope this is a joke. Otherwise, it may be a good idea to close this thread asap.

youll make a tidy living working on the typodont populace...what with all their standardized anatomy, lack of tongues or salivary glands...

Members don't see this ad :)
At one point I closed my eyes as I was contouring the anatomy on the occlusal surface with a diamond bur and my professor said it was the best he'd ever seen in 15 years of teaching the course... I had 0 visibility, I just pretended I was looking through the tooth. I know this sounds crazy but that margin turned out perfect, it was better than the ones I had direct vision on. Once again, the doc checked it said it was perfect. Next tooth, I just closed my eyes completely, using only the feeling through my gloves to guide me... My question to this forum is, what should I do with my talent? Specailize, teach, write a book??? I'm still in awe of myself.

god's gift to dentistry? no, probably not. You should publish your new methodology. You could call it, "Obe Wan Kenobi's guide to using the Force in Non-Clinical Settings"

youll make a tidy living working on the typodont populace...what with all their standardized anatomy, lack of tongues or salivary glands...

Subgingival margins, blood, saliva, foggy mirror, etc, etc. And a crown prep is probably one of the easiest preps to perform. This person has got to be kidding. If this isn't a joke, there is some mental sickness here.
Swallow the red pill Neo..........

Ahhh, the naysayers have emerged, doubting my ability, even calling me mentally ill, calling for the thread to close. I expected all of this, all my life I have been told I can't do this and I was destined to fail. I don't know what sort of epiphany my mind/hands experienced today, but I know it's more than just a one day occurence, I know tommorrow when I wake up I will still have this power. I will keep my fans and supporters updated via this thread, tommorrow I plan to further test my abilites during lab. Thank you for all your support.

- "the one"

Ahhh, the naysayers have emerged, doubting my ability, even calling me mentally ill, calling for the thread to close. I expected all of this, all my life I have been told I can't do this and I was destined to fail. I don't know what sort of epiphany my mind/hands experienced today, but I know it's more than just a one day occurence, I know tommorrow when I wake up I will still have this power. I will keep my fans and supporters updated via this thread, tommorrow I plan to further test my abilites during lab. Thank you for all your support.

- "the one"

what a mockery

- "the one"

such theatrics. such bravado. I think you are Captain America reincarnated as a dentist with Magical Powers. I definitely want into your fan club, But first you must perform a series of daring, mystical dental feats.....

- "the one"

looking fwd to the updates. you are definitely "the one" and i am honored to be somehow connected to you, and witness you in all your glory.

thanks for the entertaining post. i had a rough day in clinic today, this was good for a laugh. for a second there i thought you were serious. you are hilarious.

Hah!....Come talk to me when you do a BSSO, big guy

he is still in preclinic, probably doesn't know what BSSO is.

- "the one"

To clarify the purpose of "the one"...you are destined to disappear...much like this pathetic thread. If your truly good...you wouldn't need to go online to brag to strangers. pathetic :laugh:.

PS: Lets not feed the troll.

The only way to know for sure if you are "the one" is to stick your finger in your hinny than remove it and place it under your nose. If it doesn't smell,--------Well than you're just one of us:D

I must say what you have described is truly a gift. It is what they call the "it" factor. You have "it." There are only a chosen few who have your skill level in the history of dentistry. I to am trying to reach that moment of clarity where I let go and let "it" take control of me. Oprah described this in a book on her show entitled the Secret. My friend, you have found it. Cherish it. Embrace it. Celebrate it. You my son are the chosen one. Now your life journey must be to enspire others to reach your level. Even though many will fail to reach your level of superiority, you must help others as a source of inspiration. Let me be the first to say thank you for telling your story. You truly inspire me. Thank you.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.