Am I going to be screwed for financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm on 3 waitlists. And I was thinking that If I do get accepted anywhere. I am going to be screwed for financial aid because by that time all the people who got in normally will already have their aid packages. Am I wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope not!
But I figure, at least it's only for the first year, right? Since you reapply each year, the other 3 years you'll get a better aid package.

what does that mean, at least its only for 1 year? do you have enough money to pay for the first year outright?

i think that they must work it out for you, cuz a lot of people get in at the end and don't have that kind of money. besides, you don't have to be accepted to fill out the fafsa and additional forms for each school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about it. People get in off waitlists all the time....
THe one piece of advice I did get from the financial aid officer at the school I'm going to is to save ~4000 for start up costs before your laon comes through in the fall--and that's for everyone. Other than that I wouldn't worry :) Oh yeah-- but make sure you fill out fafsa now.

I was accepted in early November and still don't have any financial aid paperwork. Don't worry.

Maybe I should begin to worry. :confused:

5% of my class will receive full scholarships! Unfortunately, I think you have to be a resident of the state...which I'm not. Hopefully I'll get a hook-up.

Just focus on getting in now.