Am I going to miss early admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkim85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I e-mailed AADSAS regarding next mailing cycle and here's what they told me... I submitted my application on the 14th of July...

Your application will not be mailed out on July 24th. We processed that mailing before your application was complete. Your application will go out in our next mailing. Our next mailing will be shipped over the next two weeks. When we mail your application we will update the mailing date in your account.

So.. Now what....

Members don't see this ad.

I e-mailed AADSAS regarding next mailing cycle and here's what they told me... I submitted my application on the 14th of July...

Your application will not be mailed out on July 24th. We processed that mailing before your application was complete. Your application will go out in our next mailing. Our next mailing will be shipped over the next two weeks. When we mail your application we will update the mailing date in your account.

So.. Now what....
Now you wait...

You're still going to be fine. Just b/c it will take another 2 weeks for your application to mail out doesn't mean you won't get any pre-Dec interviews. Only a handful of schools that I know of have given out interviews so far, so no need to worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
how does this "mailing cylce" thing work? does it take 2 weeks for everyone from the day you e-submit or no?

thanks in advance

So.. Now what....

because of having to wait for my profeesor to get back from an international trip that lasted the entore summer, I didn't get my LOR until Sept. So, my application wasn't complete until early to mid-Sept. I was still able to get all my interviews completed by mid-Nov and had all my acceptances during the initial round. Is it too late? Absolutely not!

because of having to wait for my profeesor to get back from an international trip that lasted the entore summer, I didn't get my LOR until Sept. So, my application wasn't complete until early to mid-Sept. I was still able to get all my interviews completed by mid-Nov and had all my acceptances during the initial round. Is it too late? Absolutely not!

I heard it's possible to just E-submit your app without the LORs and then send the LOR in later. Is that what you did? If so when did you e-submit? And to what schools?

I e-submitted my app last night (7/22) and taking my DAT Aug 5th so I'm wondering how late my application really is ........

if you submit your applications without all your letters then does that mean that adcoms wont take a look at your applications?

Also if you use aadsas to send LOE, then do you have to wait until next mailing date for the LOE to go through?

When did u take the DAT?

is there any "early admission" for dental schools???????? from what i have heard.. everyone pretty much finds out the school decisions by DEcember... ........... so.. is that pretty much the earliest when ppl find out?..

is there any "early admission" for dental schools???????? from what i have heard.. everyone pretty much finds out the school decisions by DEcember... ........... so.. is that pretty much the earliest when ppl find out?..

I never heard of EVERYONE finding out by december. The first cycle of admissions go out DEC 1st, and I'm sure not ALL admissions go out DEC 1st ........., but probably a good percentage, depending on the school I'd guess.

if you submit your applications without all your letters then does that mean that adcoms wont take a look at your applications?

Also if you use aadsas to send LOE, then do you have to wait until next mailing date for the LOE to go through?

Some schools will look at your application and consider it complete even if they don't have all your LOEs, depending on which LOE you're missing. For example, if a school doesn't require a recommendation from a dental practitioner, and you have not submitted one yet, then they will still review it. I'm not sure if your LOE will be available immediately or after the next mailing if it is submitted after your AADSAS, but I think it may be mailed in the subsequent mailing b/c when I talked to AADSAS yesterday, they said all of mine were sent out in the same mailing.

So.. Now what....

I called them earlier this week and heard the same thing..
I gave them around 700 dollars and it takes them almost 2 weeks to mail it?? It is unacceptable if you ask me but nothing I can do... I just need to wait and wait for good news...

december 1st would be the earliest you can find out about acceptance for entering class of 2010. schools have the agreement which says that they are not allowed to accept (more like announce the acceptance) until december 1st.

i would say about 50-75% will be accepted on december 1st and then rest will be filled up as rolling admission depending on schools (some school will have second round in jan, third round in feb, and etc. where as others will accept them continually)