Am I going to to feel like this when I graduate too...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailorcosmo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This isn't a thread looking for advice necessarily so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I just want to vent to people who may have felt the way I do at some point or maybe you haven't but have words of encouragement...idk.

I was pre-med but I ended up changing my major to computer science and decided to give up on my actual dream career. I gave up because I was constantly comparing my transcripts and felt like it wasn't possible for me (I would only graduate with a cGPA of 3.5~, I have a ton of W's on my transcripts, I was/(am?) a reinvention student) and I would go on the pre-med subreddit and see people with freaking 3.7 cGPAs get rejected for multiple cycles. It scared me away, and I thought I was kidding myself thinking I could be a doctor.

Now it eats me up constantly. I still have a 2-ish years until I graduate so I know I can go back but should I even? I feel like I made my bed and it's depressing me. I feel like I gave up on what I truly want. I asked myself "when you graduate, will you feel happy with a career in tech or will you resent yourself and feel regret for giving up on medicine?" and honestly I think I will resent myself. Has anyone been where I am mentally? Idk if any of this even made sense, sorry.

Members don't see this ad.

Mistake 1: listening to people on reddit, which is the cesspool of the internet.

Do you want to be a doctor? Then earn it. And have a little faith in yourself. Honestly, what does your heart tell you? Have you worked with patients? Have you shadowed doctors???

You can get into medical school with a 3.5 GPA. BTW, a 3.7 GPA, nor even a 4.0 GPA guarantee an accept. Your entire app is what's important.

Ws are not Fs.

Go back and reread what we told you in your post in the CC forum. You clearly still have work to do.

Reactions: 4 users