Am I gonna be okay on QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsdds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting a good score on Math Destroyer. Out of the first five tests, my highest has been 26/40 and 3 of the other four have been 23/40 while only allowing myself 45 minutes. I can get them right if I have enough time, but 1 min and 7 seconds a problem is not enough for me.

I need to know relatively how I am on QR because I am taking the test in just over a week and have other areas I need to study as well.

Any tips, advice, Destroyer to real QR score comparisons, etc would be very helpful!

Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the statbook in my breakdown for math destroyer scores- I don't recall breaking 30/40 and I got a 20 on QR. I did do all of chads qr and datqvault qr (which predicted more generously). Have you utilized any other materials? How've you been doing?

Hey free99. I have been using Chad's videos and took his quizzes. I find the Math Destroyer problems more difficult and less direct than Chad's though. I don't have the qVault. I was looking around trying to find your DAT breakdown, used the advanced search and everything but couldn't find it. Any chance you could post the link?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess this info could help too. I have only taken one full legnth practice test so far and it was the one in the back of the Kaplan Blue Book. The math was easier than Math Destroyer, but I totally bombed the section because I had never practiced it before and didn't manage my time. I ended up only finishing up to question 27. I got 18/40, which their chart says is a 15. I think I would get a lot more had I taken it after practicing this section, but even then, I think their math is a little too easy. The same Kaplan chart says that the 23/40 I normally get on Math Destroyer is 17.
I will be taking my first TopScore test tomorrow, so maybe that will help be a better gauge of where I'm at.

Your statbook is really helpful. So on the Destroyer scores did you use the Kaplan or some other comparison chart to generate the 1-30 score? Also, are the TopScore scores X's because you ended up not taking them?

Awesome job by the way! Way to rock the DAT!

It sounds like you need to work on you foundations a bit more before building speed. Try taking your next Math Destroyer test untimed. Maybe start a timer, but don't look at it until you've completed all the questions. Succeeding in QR, from how I understand it, is really all about determining the type of problem you are being asked and quickly setting up the problem. That part of the question should only take you 10-20 seconds, leaving you with another 40-50 seconds to compute.

Your statbook is really helpful. So on the Destroyer scores did you use the Kaplan or some other comparison chart to generate the 1-30 score? Also, are the TopScore scores X's because you ended up not taking them?

Awesome job by the way! Way to rock the DAT!

Thanks! Yeah, I never took any topscore tests. I believe I made all the conversions using the 2007 conversion chart.

What I have been doing on the Destroyer is giving myself the score from what I completed during the time, but then go through and finish the other problems, before looking at the solutions in the back. Do you still think it would be helpful to just see how long it takes to complete the whole thing?