Am I in trouble or am I just being SDNeurotic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EthylMethylMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have two individual letters of recommendation received by AMCAS, hoping to get a third individual and a committee letter written and sent in before my MCAT (July 2nd). My big problem is my transcript; really wishing I sent out the release request form sooner, but I mailed it this previous Tuesday (the 4th). I've seen on here that a lot of people's transcripts got processed in about two weeks after they initially sent out their release request forms, but is that time frame a reasonable estimate once application submissions open? I feel like I'm really just being a bit too on-edge, but that's what being a pre-med is all about, amiright?

That all being said, if everything is in and processed by the time my MCAT rolls around, will my MCAT grades be in in enough time for me to be considered at least a non-late applicant? Thanks, all.

Members don't see this ad.

You aren't getting into med school.....better go and become a noctor

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you plan on submitting?

Then I think you will be fine if you prewrite the secondaries that you don't receive. I took the MCAT June 20th last cycle and still received multiple acceptances. You will only be a week off of that.

Then I think you will be fine if you prewrite the secondaries that you don't receive. I took the MCAT June 20th last cycle and still received multiple acceptances. You will only be a week off of that.

Great. Silly question, but those can be found at the individual schools' websites, ja?

So I have two individual letters of recommendation received by AMCAS, hoping to get a third individual and a committee letter written and sent in before my MCAT (July 2nd). My big problem is my transcript; really wishing I sent out the release request form sooner, but I mailed it this previous Tuesday (the 4th). I've seen on here that a lot of people's transcripts got processed in about two weeks after they initially sent out their release request forms, but is that time frame a reasonable estimate once application submissions open? I feel like I'm really just being a bit too on-edge, but that's what being a pre-med is all about, amiright?

That all being said, if everything is in and processed by the time my MCAT rolls around, will my MCAT grades be in in enough time for me to be considered at least a non-late applicant? Thanks, all.

You're not taking the MCAT until July 2, so your score won't be out until early August. Yeah it's good that you're submitting early so you can be verified by the time your score comes in, but a little delay from day 1 submission doesn't make a difference in your situation. You need to be verified by August, not by July. Judging by how long others have been waiting, your transcripts should be marked received by the end of next week or early the following week at the latest, then you'll enter verification, and you should be verified by August. You'll be fine.

No.

Here are last year's: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=688 (Feel free to peruse if you're curious about what kind of questions to expect)

And this year's: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=962

School specific threads.

Ah, rightright, I was wondering what that section was for. Thanks!

You're not taking the MCAT until July 2, so your score won't be out until early August. Yeah it's good that you're submitting early so you can be verified by the time your score comes in, but a little delay from day 1 submission doesn't make a difference in your situation. You need to be verified by August, not by July. Judging by how long others have been waiting, your transcripts should be marked received by the end of next week or early the following week at the latest, then you'll enter verification, and you should be verified by August. You'll be fine.

That's good to hear. Not that I have any control over it at this point, but being verified and having applications sent to schools in August isn't too late, right?