• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Am I late for 2010 cycle if I take the DAT this March?

agentghost

7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2010
    Hello,
    I plan to take DAT at the end of March 2010 and apply at the end of May. I read on the ADEA Official Guide to Dental School and it seem that they have the latest DAT for consideration of application is December of the previous year.

For example, taken from the 2009 version of the guide.

DAT: 2008 Entering Class
    Latest DAT for consideration: 12/01/2008

Can someone clarify? thanks :confused: I hope I don't have to wait a year to use my March 2010 score

Kkae

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 23, 2008
    New York
    1. Dentist
      Let me see if I understand. You want to take the DAT in MARCH (2010), apply to Dental school in MARCH (2010)...for the 2010 cycle?, i.e THIS fall semester?
      It's highly unlikely that you will get any responses. That's very very late! Most schools have deadlines in January. Besides, the new cycle, for 2011, opens on June 1st. You can take the DAT in March and apply once the new cycle opens (the 2011 cycle). You will have a better chance of getting your application reviewed :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.