Mar 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I got my AADSAS app in at the beginning of July, and I'm just finishing up my last few secondaries, but haven't heard anything back from any schools... at all :( I'm really nervous, guys! So many people are getting interviews and I haven't heard a thing yet! I guess the bright side is that I haven't been rejected from anywhere yet, but still...

Anyone else in the same boat?

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I got my AADSAS app in at the beginning of July, and I'm just finishing up my last few secondaries, but haven't heard anything back from any schools... at all :( I'm really nervous, guys! So many people are getting interviews and I haven't heard a thing yet! I guess the bright side is that I haven't been rejected from anywhere yet, but still...

Anyone else in the same boat?
it all depends on when you submitted your supplemental aka your complete date. some people applied in first batch didn't hear back from some schools and you here now questioning your situation.

I applied first batch and completed everything in june and still didn't hear back from a lot of schools.

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Lol I was worried if schools thought I was ugly too. You said you haven't finished secondaries yet, so that is probably why those schools haven't contacted you. I also submitted early July and completed supplementals immediately and just started getting interviews yesterday. Hang in there!

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
what do you guys mean by ugly? do we have to submit a picture to schools?

if so..... YESSS!!! (im sexy and i know it ;))

willwash

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
UNC requires a picture, none of the other schools I'm applying to do. I wonder why? The only thing I can think is to catch people lying about being URM?

OP
Y
Mar 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
what do you guys mean by ugly? do we have to submit a picture to schools?

if so..... YESSS!!! (im sexy and i know it ;))
Some schools asked for a picture! But I was just trying to be funny hahaha

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
UNC requires a picture, none of the other schools I'm applying to do. I wonder why? The only thing I can think is to catch people lying about being URM?
I think it's so they know kind of what you look like in the interview?

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Hey man, I'm ugly too and I still got an interview to a school that required a picture. EXTRACURRICULARS WILL OVERSHADOW UGLINESS. TAKE IT FROM ME.
Same here, except they invited me before they received my picture! HAHA JOKE'S ON YOU ADCOMS!

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I got interviews to every school that asked me for a picture and I look like a 17 year old. Make of that what you will haha. I do have nice teeth though. That's probably what matters

Reactions: rxdmx372

danchoi03

10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I got interviews to every school that asked me for a picture and I look like a 17 year old. Make of that what you will haha. I do have nice teeth though. That's probably what matters
This is a lie because I have nice teeth too but not every school send me an interview invite. My back up plan is to take a picture with my beautiful wife. Hopefully, a picture of my wife will pull in some baits. LOL