Am I Meeting Bio Requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pratzel15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going into my Third Year UG and I've got quite a bit on my plate trying to meet all my Nanomedicine Engineering major requirements (w/ CHEM and BME minors)-- it's all part of the package. In all of this, I've kind of lost sight of the basic requirements all schools ask for.

I will be applying for the 2016 cycle as I am taking a gap year, so I notice that I also need a semester of biochem, psych, sociology, statistics. I've got chem/ochem/physics out of the way having taken a year of each, but I have ZERO courses classifies outright as BIOL.

I have/will take BME classified courses like physiology I, physiology II, biomaterials, biotransport, etc. but I don't think this satisfies the 8 credits of biology requirement for most medical schools. I do have 6 AP bio credits that transferred, but I don't know if that helps.

My question is...in what ways do I satisfy these 8 credits? Do I already have most of it from the AP/BME courses? Also, if I don't want to take gen. bio can I do any combination of labs and upper division courses that will get this satisfied?

Thanks! Feedback is much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.