Am I ready for the big test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freedyx3

I'm Columbian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all just wanted to get your opinions.

Ok after almost 2 month of studying I will be taking my DAT test in like 4 days. I've been doing Topscore tests and my scores are 18-19 academic and 20-23 PAT. Just wondering based on those scores do you guys think I'm ready to go?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Freddy with your determination I have no doubt you'll average 20+ in all the sections. Good luck :clap:

Yep, You'll do great. Just keep telling yourself during the test "I own this dat.." that helped me. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Since the DAT is only 4 days away, I want to make a suggestion:
make educated guesses and mark them rather then just mark them and leaving them blank. Everyone says to themselves that they will leave it blank and come back to it later, but in my experience, rarely do people have enough time to get back to the question. Anyway, good luck! And at this stage, only listen to positive reinforcement.

Fred,

It's been fun watching you prepare for the exam. You'll do well. The advice I always give is important:

Your personal worth is NOT determined by the DAT. No standardized exam tells you what a great friend you are to people, what your abilities are, or your chances of success. YOU are the determiner of those things.

Remember that, and you'll enjoy the exam a bit more.

Well thanks everyone for all the supportive comments. I hope i can make you all proud.:D

I will post my scores after the test. Until then wish me luck.

To quote a favorite movie of mine (some one will have to guess!!! you get a prize......;)

"YOU CAN DOO IT!!"

Hey--just be sure your monitor is working well BEFORE the test begins! The computer I was working on had a flicker problem that caused the rays of the angles in the PAT to flip around! When I told the testing lady about the problem she rudely stated "I can't tell you what angle is biggest" and walked away...

But good luck anyway! I'm sure you'll do fine!