Am I ready for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jueves

#FreeJueves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm taking the DAT on Tuesday, and to be honest, I don't feel ready. I've been doing kaplan and DATbootcamp exams, and my scores are consistently between 19-22 on Ochem and Gchem, with the Mode being 20/21. As for Bio, it ranges from 17-19, with 18 being the most common score. As for RC and QR, The only resources i've been doing for those is Kaplan, which I've been scoring 19-20s on them. As for PAT, its 18-19 on the DatBootcamp. I'm shooting for a 21-22AA, do you guys think I should postpone it? Or am I ready to take it?

Members don't see this ad.

It's too late to reschedule, isn't it? Most people do 1-2 points better than Bootcamp. Confidence is the most important thing.

Reactions: 1 user
It's too late to reschedule, isn't it? Most people do 1-2 points better than Bootcamp. Confidence is the most important thing.
You can reschedule up to 1 day before the exam but if it's in a less than 7 day reschedule, you have to pay 100$ plus the rescheduling fee

For Jueves, honestly it depends on what score you're aiming at, because if you have a certain score that you are targeting and you've studied for so long, you will regret rushing it and wanting to get the exam over with sooner. There is nothing wrong with rescheduling as long as you're sure that you will make that period worth it and improve your flaws.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be perfectly content with a 22 or a 21, but the AAs I've been hitting is 19-20, regardless of which source the test is from (Kaplan, DATBootcamp, etc). I didn't know whether I should be worried or not. As for the 2007 DAT, I've scored a 18 on Bio, 24 on Ochem and 23 on Gchem for that exam- wasn't sure whether that was enough.

If you've only been using Kaplan for bio I would incorporate other resources. Use the AP Bio book or Ferralis notes to expand your knowledge, you really want to get that bio score up.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've been using Cliffs to supplement Kaplan. Mainly I've been alternating between the 2 sources. I've been doing DATbootcamp Bio too, and those scores have been slightly better (17-20, mostly 18 though)

Kaplan is not a good indicator. In a very general sense it can help gauge your readiness, but a 20 AA is Kaplan can translate from anything from 18-24AA.

Personally, I got way higher in OC and QR, same in RC and Bio, and lower in GC. My AA was 3 points higher than any Kaplan I took though, and I think generally if you study PAT outside of Kaplan then your actual score will be higher. You can look at my signature if you want specifics, I did mostly Kaplan for practice tests.

Thanks guys. I actually just finished the 2009 ADA and I got a 19TS, 19RC, 21 QR, and 22 PAT. I know for a fact I got 19 on Ochem. I was taking the Online version and had 10 minutes to spare so I just checked all my Ochem answers and got 21/30... Is that still good?