Am I ready to for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bossman313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So i have taken the following sciences (or may be currently taking them):
So in terms of the classes I have taken:
BIO: molecular bio and Micro
CHEM: orgo 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and currently taking gen chem 2
I am learning anatomy and physiology thru clutchprep which is basically an online version of a class with the chapters of the book with videos and a printout of notes I can use to follow along.
Do you think with these classes I could start DAT prepping in May so I can apply for this cycle? Also my GPA is kinda low but I hope to boost it to a 3.3 by the time I apply. I currently have a 3.2. Also participate in alot of extra curriculars and currently shadowing a dentist and hoping to start doing research soon.

Members don't see this ad.

if you think i am not ready, what bio classes would u recommend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
So i have taken the following sciences (or may be currently taking them):
So in terms of the classes I have taken:
BIO: molecular bio and Micro
CHEM: orgo 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and currently taking gen chem 2
I am learning anatomy and physiology thru clutchprep which is basically an online version of a class with the chapters of the book with videos and a printout of notes I can use to follow along.
Do you think with these classes I could start DAT prepping in May so I can apply for this cycle? Also my GPA is kinda low but I hope to boost it to a 3.3 by the time I apply. I currently have a 3.2. Also participate in alot of extra curriculars and currently shadowing a dentist and hoping to start doing research soon.

I have never heard of a school that offers orgo before gen chem? Did you take bio 1 and 2? I think you are definitely headed in the right direction. I would try to bring the gpa up but that has nothing to do with the dat. If your sgpa is bad, then the gpa is definitely an issue and i would study more for the dat.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly most prep courses will cover what you need to know. But definitely take gen and organic chem and basic bio stuff.

You can look at the DAT Guide at ada.org. It will tell you the scope of the exam. If any of the science topics seem foreign to you, I would try to Youtube, Google, etc. You seem to be pretty prepared though (assuming you have had basic biology).