osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I plan on taking the MCAT Jan 2009, I have finished all the premed preqs and will have mol gen and biochem done by end of this year. I m also taking Kaplan class this summer. My question is, would I be ready for the MCATs not having taken physiology or anatomy, or anyother upper division bio. Would I do fine just reviewing bio stuff on my own? If so, what can I use to study that??

Thanks!

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Absolutely. You do not need upper division bio for this test, however it does help. Just studying your MCAT review material and you should get what you need in when you need it.

Decicco

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
MN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I disagree with bloodysurgeon. I strongly recommend taking physiology (besides, I can't even see how biochem would make sense without a physiology background). If not, buy the book and put serious effort into learning the material yourself. Anatomy not so much..

OP
osumc2014

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I disagree with bloodysurgeon. I strongly recommend taking physiology (besides, I can't even see how biochem would make sense without a physiology background). If not, buy the book and put serious effort into learning the material yourself. Anatomy not so much..
What should I do then? I simply cannot fit physiology into my schedule and the only way to take it would be to push back taking the MCAT which is something I really don't want to do because I would have the prereqs done too long ago and the material would have been forgotten. I don't know how I would be able to study it on my own...