1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Am I right for Med School?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Future Med Now, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Future Med Now

So, I am 25 years old and I graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My major was Computer Science (gpa 2.8). I completed all of the pre-med requirements while in school. Also, computer science at my school is top 5 in the country. My question is that would I have a chance getting into an Illinois med school such as Northwestern or UChicago with my gpa even if I did pretty good on the MCAT. I am d0ing missionary work in Medellin, Colombia to get better experience of helping others in need. ANY advice is deeply appreciated! Thanks.
    If anybody like to learn more about my mission trip they can check out http://www.gofundme.com/e3q62c

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor
    Moderator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Academic Administration
    NW matriculated 11 of 967 regular MD IS applicants, their 10th% gpa is 3.62.
    Pritzker matriculated 18/753, their 10th% gpa is 3.65.

I would submit that there is little evidence that you would be successful at either of these schools with the information you have provided.

candbgirl likes this.
  4. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Your GPA is not competitive for any medical school, MD or DO.