Am I screwed/what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesoup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just recently got back my results for my 4th time taking the MCAT (5/2 test), scoring a 26O. The problem is, I scored a 28Q for the January test. I was wondering if they schools take your highest score, or your most recent.
Also, I have a science and cummulative gpa of 3.7, submitted a publication to The Cell, 2 years clinical and laboratory reasearch, I have a masters, and am EMT certified. Do I have even a glimmer of hope of getting into any allopathic US medical schools? Please, any advice is valued! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools take the most recent score. Some take the best score. Some average them. Some take the highest score from each section and create a new score. You'll have to figure out which they are, especially the few in that last category. I've seen it mentioned here on SDN in the Pre-Allo Forum, but didn't memorize which was which, so do a "Search" for it. Meanwhile, it might be a good idea to consider including some DO schools on your application list.