AM I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Childdoconeday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Along with the stress of internship applications, externship, and life, I did something stupid. I completely forgot to put in the name of my dissertation! Now I'm locked out of AAPI and can't add it in. I know this is a big deal...Any ideas for what I could do? I'm thinking of emailing each internship training director and sending a short email explaining my dissertation topic. Thoughts?

I can't handle any more stress.

Members don't see this ad.

It's nowhere in your application? When's the last time you updated your CV? I think the e-mail succinctly describing the oversight and including the title of your dissertation would be fine. As a reminder to others, it's helpful to have someone else look over your completed application. A fresh set of eyes can often see what we ourselves are missing after starting at the same thing for hours on end.

It's nowhere in your application? When's the last time you updated your CV? I think the e-mail succinctly describing the oversight and including the title of your dissertation would be fine. As a reminder to others, it's helpful to have someone else look over your completed application. A fresh set of eyes can often see what we ourselves are missing after starting at the same thing for hours on end.

I agree with you. I cannot believe i overlooked this and am in full blown panic mode now. I wrote about it in my Research essay but did not fill in the "dissertation topic/title" question in the AAPI. UGH.

Members don't see this ad :)
So i contacted AAPI and they said that I should email my sites, and this has happened before. I also got a really helpful inbox message suggesting that I describe the missing information in a supplemental document.

Glad I read this. I just realized I made the same mistake. Whoops.

Hello everyone,

Along with the stress of internship applications, externship, and life, I did something stupid. I completely forgot to put in the name of my dissertation! Now I'm locked out of AAPI and can't add it in. I know this is a big deal...Any ideas for what I could do? I'm thinking of emailing each internship training director and sending a short email explaining my dissertation topic. Thoughts?

I can't handle any more stress.

FWIW, No one, sans one person, cared what it was. Only that it was proposed and wouldn't be a source for psychiatric meltdown during the year.