Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 3.61 science, 3.4 overall. Good EC's

but.... I can't take the mcat until the begining of August, so my app will be complete late.

Can I apply to some schools before I get my score?

I am applying DO and MD

Am I screwed being that late in the cycle? Suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

but.... I can't take the mcat until the begining of August, so my app will be complete late.

I am applying DO and MD

YES! You are able to submit your app. before the scores come out in September. They will put your app to the side and wait til the scores come out before they make any decisions. It is better to get the rest of your applications done and everything else in early so that when your scores come out it won't take a long time to process the rest of your application.

Furthermore, I'd even go so far to say that some schools will also allow you secondaries before they get the scores and you are advised to complete those as well. You should probably have a decent rough estimation of your score by your practice scores even if you won't know the exact score so that will tell you to a certain extent of whether it is worth it to put your apps in or not.

I am applying DO and MD

One more thing.....

You are not screwed by any means. Now that the MCAT scores come back sooner you'll get your scores a month earlier then in years past. I'd just be sure to get the rest of your stuff in as early as possible.

you're not late but you aren't early. some schools wont do much with your app without an MCAT score, so they'll be waiting till end of august early september to see your actual score. i'd say apply next cycle.. thats only because i have friends who applied this cycle after august MCAT and got zero love from any schools.