am i screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenpink

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice. Simply put: I have a 3.5 GPA, and MCAT scores of
bio 11
physics 8
verbal 9
writing R
I have had 2 research jobs (one clinical, one in a lab), and great letters of rec.
i have applied to 17 schools in the North East US.
Am I doomed? I thought I would have done better on the mcat (just got scores yesterday)
thanks for your help,
greenpink

Members don't see this ad.

You seem to have a pretty good chance of getting in, it depends on where u applied? Don't worry about it to much, have u gotten ne interviews yet?

Good luck and keep me posted:clap:

I would certainly expect that you'd get interviews. It looks like your numbers are right in the mix of things, and your research is a bit of a cut above the masses. Do you have any health care experience you can bring up? Anyway I say keep going and give yourself every chance possible. Also look into applying to DO schools. Not because they're sub-par or an easy backup, but becasue most are good schools and in the end you're a Physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
those are my numbers too (mcat 28, gpa 3.5) and i'm getting a bunch of interviews now. not to worry

Hello,
I had the exact same MCAT score except a P in writing. With lots of clinical experience and I have gotten two acceptances!!! You should be competitive. Good luck:)

hokiedoc

you guys great -- thanks for the support.
i'll keep you posted!
have a good one
-gp:) :)