am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by greenpink, Oct 22, 2002.

1. greenpink

greenpink Member

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice. Simply put: I have a 3.5 GPA, and MCAT scores of
    bio 11
    physics 8
    verbal 9
    writing R
    I have had 2 research jobs (one clinical, one in a lab), and great letters of rec.
    i have applied to 17 schools in the North East US.
    Am I doomed? I thought I would have done better on the mcat (just got scores yesterday)
    thanks for your help,
    greenpink

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exigente chica

You seem to have a pretty good chance of getting in, it depends on where u applied? Don't worry about it to much, have u gotten ne interviews yet?

Good luck and keep me posted:clap:

4. Green912

Attending Physician
    I would certainly expect that you'd get interviews. It looks like your numbers are right in the mix of things, and your research is a bit of a cut above the masses. Do you have any health care experience you can bring up? Anyway I say keep going and give yourself every chance possible. Also look into applying to DO schools. Not because they're sub-par or an easy backup, but becasue most are good schools and in the end you're a Physician.

5. myhc

myhc Member

those are my numbers too (mcat 28, gpa 3.5) and i'm getting a bunch of interviews now. not to worry

6. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

Hello,
    I had the exact same MCAT score except a P in writing. With lots of clinical experience and I have gotten two acceptances!!! You should be competitive. Good luck:)

hokiedoc

7. greenpink

greenpink Member

you guys great -- thanks for the support.
    i'll keep you posted!
    have a good one
    -gp:) :)