am i screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok i have my debit card in my hand, ready to pay. all the mcat dates for 2009 (aug 25, sep 3, sep 4, sep 10, sep 12) are filled. no seats available.
wtf am i going to do? i am 2 years behind and cant afford to wait til jan. i have to take it this year. is there a time when seats suddenly become available? like in college if you dont drop your class by 3rd week you get a w, so a lot of people drop on the friday on third week. you know what i mean? does the mcat have a time when people drop alot?
am i screwed? what i am going to do?

Members don't see this ad.

ok i have my debit card in my hand, ready to pay. all the mcat dates for 2009 (aug 25, sep 3, sep 4, sep 10, sep 12) are filled. no seats available.
wtf am i going to do? i am 2 years behind and cant afford to wait til jan. i have to take it this year. is there a time when people get penalized for not dropping out if they are not sure? is there a time when seats suddenly become available?

1st of All WTF were you thinking?

2nd Did you plan to take it around this time?

3rd Did you not know you have to register a few month before?

4th Did you study?

5th Keep refreshing people tend to chicken out as time gets closer.

1st of All WTF were you thinking? since i didnt want to pay switching fees, i wanted to wait until i feel ready. now i feel ready because i cant take another minute of studying.

2nd Did you plan to take it around this time? yes, yes yes

3rd Did you not know you have to register a few month before? as far as i know, you dont HAVE to, you can register 2 weeks before and still avoid the late fee, no?

4th Did you study? yes i am ready, no amount of studying is going to raise my score, i am tired of studying the same things over and over and need to get this over with.

5th Keep refreshing people tend to chicken out as time gets closer. ok

wtf am i going to do? i am 2 years behind and cant afford to wait til jan. i have to take it this year. is there a time when seats suddenly become available? like in college if you dont drop your class by 3rd week you get a w, so a lot of people drop on the friday on third week. you know what i mean? does the mcat have a time when people drop alot?

I was sort of in the same boat as you a few days ago. Well I had signed up for an august date and was trying to change my date to Sept. I pretty much refreshed like every 5min while I was near a computer and ended up switching into a seat pretty close to where I live.

Where do you live? I currently see some seats on the east coast.

I was sort of in the same boat as you a few days ago. Well I had signed up for an august date and was trying to change my date to Sept. I pretty much refreshed like every 5min while I was near a computer and ended up switching into a seat pretty close to where I live.

Where do you live? I currently see some seats on the east coast.
Just keep checking online and a spot might open up. Also you might have to travel to another city or state to take it.