am i screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wantingtobeadoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a huge mistake when I was 20 years old and got a DWAI, my BAC was .07 and because I was under 21 I pled guilty to a DWAI. Will I be able to get into Medical School even though i had this huge screw up? I have trully regretted it and I hope it doesn't ruin my chances but I was wondering what people thought...Do i still stand a chance of being accepted even though I got a DWAI?? please help, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You should be okay, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just be honest about everything during the application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a huge mistake when I was 20 years old and got a DWAI, my BAC was .07 and because I was under 21 I pled guilty to a DWAI. Will I be able to get into Medical School even though i had this huge screw up? I have trully regretted it and I hope it doesn't ruin my chances but I was wondering what people thought...Do i still stand a chance of being accepted even though I got a DWAI?? please help, thank you

you just need to prove yourself man. everyone screws up, trust me. some worse than others. if you want it bad enough to the point where nothing will stop you, you get killer grades and own the mcat, you shud do fine. think about what you can do to demonstrate that you have learned something from the mistake and that you have gotten past the issue and matured. you will have to make yourself above average in all of the other areas of your app.

anyone else got anything to add? or difference of opinion? just wondering..