Am I stupid for doing this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted867660

Hi all,

So I found out my school is giving us a long winter break so I plan to grind from November to March. Unfortunately that means I will only get about 1/3 of biochem and physics 2 before the test and I will not have taken sociology.

I have taken bio, chem, orgo, psych, calculus, physics 1, cell biology, genetics.

Is it feasible for me to self study or is this MCAT suicide?

Members don't see this ad.

no, definitely not MCAT suicide. you can self-study for biochem, physics 2, and sociology.

try out aklectures.com for ANY science content. it’s extremely comprehensive, competent, and free.

& use khan academy videos for the sociology content.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

So I found out my school is giving us a long winter break so I plan to grind from November to March. Unfortunately that means I will only get about 1/3 of biochem and physics 2 before the test and I will not have taken sociology.

I have taken bio, chem, orgo, psych, calculus, physics 1, cell biology, genetics.

idk what your school covers in physics 2, but most of the physics on the MCAT is pretty low-level and can be self taught.

biochem can be self taught but it requires a little deeper comprehension once you get past memorizing amino acids, so i would put more time into that. like the poster above said, i used AKLectures for all my bio/biochem content and it was exactly as detailed as needed

edit: typo

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

in the old days this might be a problem, but most physics is very clinically relevant these days. Consult your favorite review book and see where your gaps are and self study them. Sociology is very doable as a self-taught subject.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors