Am I the only one sitting on a pile of secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to finish any of the secondaries I got (I think I got the first one, UVA in July) because of researching for schools, proof reading essays, calling about course requirements (my school didn't have 3 quarters of chem or o. chem)... Also, for UC schools, I am thinking of changing my personal statement that I wrote for AMCAS... And Pritzer secondary is just looking really scary with q's on ethical situations, etc. Northwestern one is a killer too...

Am I the only one who has not had their secondaries turned in yet? I mean, besides ones who have just taken the MCAT...

Members don't see this ad.

Oh you're not the only one, trying2submit. I submitted my primary back on the 11th so all the secondaries are just starting to hit me. :mad:

On the other hand, I have more respect for the schools with larger secondaries. I mean they try to look at more than numbers it seems. So I honestly don't mind the work I put into them

Regardless, what say me, you and the others start a massive bonfire with the information packets from the schools we eventually didn't get accepted into? Who's in??? ;)

No way are you the only one. I'm looking at a pile of five right now. But I wouldn't let them pile up too high, or it will start to get overwhelming. Just start working methodically through them. Some of them are pretty easy and don't require much in the way of essays. Maybe get those out of the way first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you guys. I have a few starting to pile up. But, no worries. My advice is to take them one at a time that way all the schools aren't waiting for them.

I agree, the Northwestern secondary is a bear. They want 3 essays and since I'm MD/PhD I have to write 3 more essays, each about a page long.

I'm just working on one essay per day for Northwestern, but I have to send it off soon because of their deadline. How ironic that the worst secondary for me so far is also the one that wants it ASAP and wont allow me to put it off at all.

I'm sitting on a fairly substantial pile of secondaries. I really should work through them, but since my committee letter isn't ready yet, I have procrastinated completely. Tomorrow I think I'll spend all day working on them before it gets too overwhelming.